The County of Oxford is the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Oxford County. As the DMO the County has two primary roles
- Providing businesses with learning opportunities and resources to help grow their tourism business. Learn about upcoming workshops.
- Research tourism trends and monitor tourism statistics for Oxford County
- Collaborative projects and product development
- Photography/video partnership
- Business coaching. Oxford regularly meets with businesses to share information about trends, opportunities, resources and to be a sounding board for businesses as they look to attract more visitors. Contact us for a quick phone call or to schedule a time to meet.
See our list of tourism research and resources.
- Oxford County publishes an annual Visitors Guide (45,000 copies) which are circulated in Oxford, surrounding areas and visitor information centres for the province of Ontario. Businesses can purchase a listing or display advertisement in the visitors guide. Learn more about the Guide.
- The Oxford County Cheese Trail is a collaboration between 25+ businesses including cheesemakers, restaurants, artisans, and museums. Each partner provides a unique cheese/dairy offer for visitors to enjoy that celebrates Oxford County’s cheese and dairy past or present. The entire trail cannot be explored in one day. Visitors will choose the stops they would like to visit and do so by car or bike. To be part of the Cheese Trail businesses must meet a criteria and provide a unique offer to participate. Space is limited. To enquire about partnership Contact us.
- Oxford Fresh is a partnership between the County of Oxford and the Oxford County Federation of Agriculture. The Oxford Fresh Brand includes a website, social media and a printed map promoting local farmers, markets and artisan producers. Oxford Fresh helps locals and visitors shop the farms of Oxford County. Contact us to learn about advertising with Oxford Fresh.
- Advertising: Every year the County of Oxford advertises the region through digital advertising (link to pdf), shared advertisements and photography/video (cost sharing). Contact us (link to contact us page) for a quick phone call or to schedule a time to meet.
This work does not occur in isolation but is in partnership with local businesses and organizations. Therefore we encourage you to keep in touch. Share with us your successes, new products and discuss your ideas with us. Subscribe to our Industry Newsletter to keep informed about Tourism Oxford’s activities, workshops and opportunities. We also recommend you subscribe to other newsletters to keep informed about Tourism & Economic Development in Oxford County & Ontario. See our resources section for other agencies to connect with, research, and opportunities.