March 24, 2020
COVID-19 Update: Provincial Offences Act court closure extended
Provincial Offences Act court dates are cancelled until May 29
Oxford County Provincial Offences Administration was notified today that the Chief Justice of Ontario has cancelled all Provincial Offences Act (POA) court dates until Friday, May 29, 2020. The decision is in support of public health measures to reduce the amount of time individuals spend in large crowds or in crowded spaces to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
The County’s Provincial Offences Administration Office remains closed to the public at this time, however the office can still be reached by phone 519-537-4890 or email email@example.com.
If you have a court date between March 16, 2020, and May 29, 2020:
- DO NOT attend court.
- Your court date will be adjourned and rescheduled for a future date yet to be determined
- You will be notified by mail of your next court appearance
How to pay a Provincial Offences fine
- Online:Visit payfines.ca to make a payment with Visa, MasterCard or Visa/Debit
- By phone: Visa and MasterCard payments can be made over the phone at 519-537-4890.
- Mail: Payments can be made by mail with a cheque or money order made payable to Oxford County. Visa or MasterCard payments can be made by mail using the white insert provided with the Offence Notice (ticket). Mail to Provincial Offences Administration, PO Box 1614, Woodstock, ON, N4S 7Y3. DO NOT send cash in the mail.
To check the case status of a traffic ticket or other provincial offence or to request an Early Resolution meeting, please visit the Provincial Offences Actonline look-up at https://www.justiceservices.jus.gov.on.ca/POA/screens/poa/POASC001.xhtml