March 16, 2020
COVID-19 Update: Provincial Offences Act court dates to April 3 to be rescheduled
Provincial Offences Act court dates are cancelled between March 16 and April 3
Oxford County Provincial Offences Administration was notified today that the Chief Justice of Ontario has cancelled all Provincial Offences Act (POA) court dates between Monday, March 16 and Friday, April 3, 2020. The decision is in support of public health measures to reduce the amount of time individuals spend in large crowds or in crowded spaces to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
The County’s Provincial Offences Administration Office at 419 Hunter Street in Woodstock remains open at this time for fine payments or information. Please do not visit POA Administration if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough and difficulty breathing).
If you have a court date between March 16, 2020, and April 3, 2020:
- DO NOT attend court.
- Watch your mail for notification of your next court appearance. Court dates (Trial or Early Resolution)have been adjourned and will be rescheduled to a future date yet to be determined.
How to pay a Provincial Offences fine
- Online: Visit payfines.ca to make a payment with Visa, MasterCard or Visa/Debit
- By phone: Visa and MasterCard payments can be made over the phone at 519-537-4890.
- Mail: Payments can be made by mail with a cheque or money order made payable to Oxford County. Visa or MasterCard payments can be made by mail using the white insert provided with the Offence Notice (ticket). Mail to Provincial Offences Administration, PO Box 1614, Woodstock, ON, N4S 7Y3.DO NOT send cash in the mail.
- In-person: Counter payments are accepted at the Provincial Offences Administration office located at 419 Hunter Street in Woodstock. Payments by Visa, MasterCard or Debit are preferred to cash payments.
To check the case status of a traffic ticket or other provincial offence or to request an Early Resolution meeting, please visit the Provincial Offences Actonline look-up at https://www.justiceservices.jus.gov.on.ca/POA/screens/poa/POASC001.xhtml