Happy Volunteer Appreciation Week!
National Volunteer Week is April 7-13, and with that, we wanted to take a moment to share our appreciation not only for the wonderful volunteers who dedicate their time, compassion and energy here at Woodingford Lodge, but volunteers across our community.
We see the difference volunteers make in our community every day, whether it is leading neighbourhood activities at Woodingford Lodge or in the greater community, giving your time to help lift another person's spirit or an entire community's pride. Volunteers make a difference.
Read our open letter to our volunteers at Woodingford Lodge. We thank each an every one of you for what you bring to Woodingford and the joy, dedication and compassion you share with the individuals who call it home.
Help brighten the days of our residents!
Woodingford Lodge is always looking for new volunteers to use their skills and enthusiasm to help improve the quality of life for our residents, or to just put a smile on their face.
We're looking for volunteers of all ages and talents. Some ideas include:
- Dutch Club - spreek je nederlands? We could use your help to lead activities in our Dutch Club, as we have a number of residents of Dutch heritage
- Entertainment- Do you play an instrument or love to sing? Share your music with our residents. If you're practicing for a play and want to test it in front of a live audience, our residents would love to see it!
- Men's Club - How about a little male bonding? Talk about sports, cars, beards...guy stuff.
- Gardens Galore - Woodingford Lodge has some fabulous gardens, but we need assistance with helping our residents tend to them.
- Just a visit - we have many residents who would enjoy the chance to connect over a cup of tea.
Other possibilites include making keepsake videos, researching family trees, or anything ideas you can come up with.
Visit the opportunities page for more ideas on ways you can assist our residents. Volunteering at Woodingford Lodge is a great way for secondary school students to earn their volunteer hours.
How to become a volunteer
To start the process, fill out the Volunteer Application Form.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch and will match you with a program that suits your interests, skills and experience. Volunteers will also be required to provide:
- A police check (if you are over 18)
- Two-step TB Test (may be required)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Woodingford Lodge and have further questions please call
519-421-5556 ext. 2099.
We look forward to hearing from you!