The Community and Strategic Planning office is responsible for providing a full range of land use planning functions and services on behalf of the County and the eight area municipalities that comprise the County.
The services provided by this office include:
- developing and maintaining the Official Plan and comprehensive zoning by-laws;
- responding to development inquiries and undertaking any associated pre-consultation;
- providing planning related development review services for all Planning Act applications;
- undertaking growth forecasts and maintaining growth land inventories;
- developing mapping (e.g. subdivision maps) and other planning resource materials; and
- undertaking research and special projects, such as source water protection.
The office also assists the area municipalities in undertaking special planning related projects and programs, such as the development of Community Improvement Plans and Urban Design guidelines.
Contact Us for a list of planners responsible for policy development and development review.