When is my collection day?

Get my dates

Where does it go?

Check widget

Programs and Services

Construction & Demolition

What should I do with treated wood?
What should I do with ceramics?
Who can reuse my renovation materials?
Are there size restrictions on my construction and demolition waste?

County By-Law

Construction and demolition waste must be recycled under Oxford County By-Law No. 4954-2008. Bringing your leftover building supplies to the construction and demolition recycling depot allows material to be used again and helps diverts waste from the landfill.

Accepted Materials

  • Asphalt, concrete and masonry
  • Metal (e.g., iron, steel, brass, aluminum and copper)
  • Untreated wood, wood scrap, pallets/crates
  • Gypsum drywall
  • Asphalt shingles
  • Porcelain/toilets
  • Glass

Construction and demolition waste is subject to tipping fees. Go to the Waste Management Facility page for more information on tipping fees, hours and location.

Pressure-treated wood is considered garbage.  Asbestos requires special drop off arrangements. Please contact the Oxford County Waste Management Facility for instructions at 519-539-9800.

Facts on Individual Materials and Where They Go?

Individual Materials

Facts and where material goes

Clean untreated wood

Used for composting, wood chips, or industrial purposes
3.5% of commercial waste that is sent to the landfill every year is clean wood that could be recycled

Asphalt, concrete and rubble

Crushed into aggregates to be used for road production

Ceramics, porcelain and toilets

Crushed and used for landfill road production


Recycled into aggregates used in the sandblasting and construction industries


Recycled into aggregates used in the construction and transportation industries


Recycled into fertilizer and animal bedding

COVID-19: Oxford County follows guidance from Southwestern Public Health and the Government of Ontario. See updates on our programs and services at www.oxfordcounty.ca/COVID-19