December 15, 2021
Road transfers between Oxford County and EZT, Woodstock and Norwich Township effective January 1, 2022
Oxford County and a number of local area municipalities agreed to several road transfers in 2021 to improve how efficiently roads are managed. These changes were identified as part of the 2019 Oxford County Transportation Master Plan.
There is no address change to homes or businesses along affected road sections. The only change is that the receiving municipality will assume responsibility for road all road repairs and maintenance, including snow plowing.
A summary of road transfers follows below.
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
- Oxford County will assume ownership of 16th Line between Oxford Road 4 to Oxford Road 8. This portion of the 16th Line will be identified as Oxford Road 60 in the County’s road network.
- Oxford County will assume ownership of Maplewood Side Road from Oxford Road 59 to Oxford Road 5. Maplewood Side road will additionally be identified as Oxford Road 28 in the County’s road network.
- East Zorra-Tavistock will assume ownership of the access road off Oxford Road 2. The access road will continue to be known as Highway 2; however, it will be removed from the County’s road network.
City of Woodstock
- The City of Woodstock will assume ownership of Bonds Corners Road access road from Oxford Road 4. The road will continue to be identified as Bonds Corners Road; however it will be removed from the County’s road network.
Township of Norwich
- Oxford County will assume ownership of New Durham Road from Oxford Road 59 to the County border at Oxford Road 22. New Durham Road keeps its name and will additionally be identified as Oxford Road 21 in the County’s road network.
Questions? Please contact Oxford County Public Works at 1-800-755-0394, ext. 3915 or firstname.lastname@example.org