The Oxford County Waste Management Facility (landfill) accepts cash, debit, credit card and mastercard.
You will be asked for a $10 minimum deposit upon entering the facility to ensure the payment for the load. However, larger loads will require a larger deposit. The deposit amount is at the discretion of the scale-house operator.
The customer's vehicle is weighed on the way into the site and again on the way out. The difference in weight is assessed and the appropriate tipping fee is determined. There is a flat fee for items such as refrigerators, and other freon containing items.
2020 Tipping Fees
- Mixed Solid Waste $80.00/1000 kg
- Construction and Demolition Waste $76.54/1000 kg
- Minimum load charge of $10 applies
- Segregated Loads of Scrap Metal: No Charge
- Items which contain Freon or may have contained Freon: $10.00/unit surcharge (unless tagged by an authorized Freon removal technician)
Homeowners with small domestic loads of waste will be diverted to the Transfer Station. Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (IC&I) vehicles will be required to go to the tipping face (pit). However, on Saturdays, all vehicles may be directed to the tipping face (pit).
Any vehicle that does not abide by the Highway Traffic Act or Oxford County By-law 4954-2800 will be subject to increased fees.
1st offence: 2X disposal fee
2nd offence: 3X disposal fee
3rd offence: 5X disposal fee