You’re not alone, help is available.
Feeling sad, empty or anxious after your baby's birth?
Up to 80% of women feel sad or anxious during the first few weeks after childbirth. If these feelings continue or get worse, you may have Postpartum Mood Disorder (PPMD).
Symptoms of PPMD include:
- Feeling overwhelmed or anxious
- Having a fear of being alone with your baby
- Feeling hopeless, sad or lonely
- Changes to sleeping and eating patterns
- Fear that you may harm yourself or your baby
The Blackdog Institute in Australia, offers an online self-test for depression during pregnancy and postnatal.
There is help. Know where to turn.
You can get help from a number of sources in the community, including:
With information from Mother Reach Ontario.