April 10, 2017
Transportation Master Plan
Oxford County is updating the Transportation Master Plan to help guide programs and investments for the next 20 years
Update (May 15, 2017): The Transportation Master Plan survey has now closed. Check back for future opportunities to comment in 2018.
Whether you travel by foot, bike, car, bus or train, Oxford County is looking for your input on the topic of transportation.
The County is updating the Transportation Master Plan to help steer programs and investments for the next 20 years and beyond.
Gathering information from residents who use the transportation systems every day is key to creating an informed Transportation Master Plan. Now is the time to bring up any transportation challenges you have experienced in Oxford or to offer ideas on opportunities for improvement. An online survey has been launched that should only take a few minutes to fill out, but leaves plenty of opportunity for feedback. The survey will be open until May 15.
Paper copies of the survey are also available to fill out in-person at the Oxford County Administration Building at 21 Reeve St. in Woodstock.
Along with the online survey, two in-person opportunities for discussion will be held in this month:
Thursday, April 20, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Future Oxford Expo
Oxford Auditorium, Woodstock
875 Nellis St., Woodstock
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tillsonburg Community Centre
45 Hardy Ave., Tillsonburg
Two more public input dates will be scheduled in the fall in other areas of the County.
Aside from public input, Oxford County is working with Paradigm Transportation Solutions to collect traffic data in the County that will help inform the updated Transportation Master Plan.
Oxford County has initiated an update to the 2009 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) to help guide the County’s transportation programs and investments for the next 20 years and beyond. The TMP will:
- Identify existing and future transportation deficiencies, considering travel demand and supply for various modes of travel throughout the County;
- Identify rural and urban transportation issues;
- Assess strategic transportation service options for roads and other travel modes;
- Consider transportation demand management strategies aimed at promoting alternative modes of transportation;
- Develop a transportation strategy to address population and employment growth over the next 20 years; and
- Develop a practical and financially achievable implementation plan that supports economic and environmental sustainability while achieving the mobility need of the County.
Public input will be a key element in developing the TMP. Members of the public are invited and encouraged to comment on the project at any time during the Study. Opportunities for involvement will also be available through Public Consultation Centres (PCC) and forums.
You can also provide feedback by and ask questions through Speak Up, Oxford!
Submit your comment now
Transportation Master Plan Study (2009)