Don't let your holidays go to waste
There are many ways to avoid sending materials to the landfill over the holidays, including using reusable or recylable packaging and gift wrap. Here are some tips to reduce your environmental impact:
- Remove all tape, plastic film, twist ties and other objects before recycling cardboard packaging
- Break down and flatten all cardboard boxes, with bundles no larger than 75 x 75 x 20 cm
- Try to avoid using foil-based paper, as it is not recyclable
- Recycle paper-based wrapping paper and remove all tape, ribbons and bows
Garbage collection dates over the holidays may be adjusted, depending on where you live in Oxford County. Review the calendar below for garbage and recycling collection dates.
Tips for setting out materials in winter
- Ensure your waste can be easily seen by collection staff
- Refrain from using white garbage bags, which can be difficult to see in snowy conditions
- Avoid placing garbage and recycling on top of snow banks by shoveling out an area to place it at ground level
Further details on holiday waste collection can be found here.
Tillsonburg transfer station now open
The Tillsonburg transfer station has reopened with a new, efficient layout to make drop-offs easier. The Large Item Depot is open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. The Yard Waste Depot is open Monday - Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For a full list of acceptable items, please visit the Tillsonburg Transfer Station information page.
Stay connected with Wasteline
No matter where you live in Oxford County, Wasteline tools help you keep track of your garbage and recycling collection schedule. Get the information you want when you want it by using the “When's my pickup?” widget, signing up for automated reminders, or by using the Wasteline mobile app. Download the Wasteline app from the App Store or Google Play.