July 05, 2021
Community Update: Oxford Road 4, 17 and Lansdowne Ave.
Watermain Extension and Sanitary Forcemain - Phase 1
Oxford County has awarded a two-year contract to Omega Contractors Inc. for work that generally includes the following:
- Installation of 400 mm watermain extension on OR17 from west of 14th Line to OR4
- Installation of new 400 mm watermain on OR4 from OR17 to Devonshire Ave
- Installation of new 300 mm watermain on Lansdowne Ave from Springbank Ave to Halifax Rd
- Installation of new 400 mm watermain on Lansdowne Ave from Halifax Rd to OR4
- Installation of new 300 mm forcemain on Lansdowne Ave, between OR4 to Springbank Ave
- Road base replacement and restoration
- See attached map for construction phasing details
- Anticipated Phase 1 construction schedule is from August to October 2021 and Phase 2 from May to August 2022.
Lansdowne Ave, OR4 and OR17 will remain open throughout construction. There may be brief periods when the contractor will reduce to a single-lane closure during watermain construction.
The contractor is required to ensure that access for local residents and businesses is maintained at all times within the construction limits. There may be short periods when construction crews are working immediately in front of a driveway when access may be restricted temporarily.
EMERGENCY SERVICES, SCHOOL BOARDS & BUSSES
Emergency services, school boards and buses will be notified of all road closures and lane restrictions.
GARBAGE & RECYCLING
On garbage and recycling collection days, continue to place your garbage and recycling out at the roadside as usual. There will be no interruptions to the collection schedule.
Residents within the work area can expect both planned and unplanned water interruptions. Every attempt will be made to notify customers in advance.
The County, and all contractors/sub-contractors working on behalf of the County, are committed to following the recommended precautionary measures within other safety imperatives to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Oxford County is continually monitoring this situation as it develops and the ongoing challenges related to the spread of COVID-19.
The work being undertaken on this project has been deemed essential to County infrastructure and is considered essential as per the provincial directives and mandates.
An Oxford County inspector will be on the site periodically performing inspections of contractors' work and monitoring site activities.
If you have questions, please call 519-539-9800, ext. 3900, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates on this project visit https://speakup.oxfordcounty.ca/construction-woodstock
Map of Work Area