November 27, 2019
Highlights from the Nov 27 County Council agenda
Upcoming special budget meeting, speed management and traffic calming, and more
Upcoming special budget meeting (Dec 3)
The second of three special budget meetings takes place on Tuesday, December 3 at 2:00 p.m., resuming deliberations for the 2020 Business Plan & Budget before it is considered for final approval at the December 11 regular County Council meeting.
The proposed budget includes $263.8 million in gross expenditures and $56.8 million in capital projects. Under the proposed budget, the cost to deliver County services to be funded by property owners would increase by 5.8%. For more information or to download presentations from each budget meeting, visit www.oxfordcounty.ca/budget.
Speed management and traffic calming
A report to County Council next week recommends traffic calming and road safety measures in Ingersoll, Embro and Muir as part of an ongoing County-wide approach to improving safety on the County road network. The proposed measures include an all-way stop and controlled pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Oxford Road 119 and Canterbury Street in Ingersoll, and a reduced speed zone and all-way stop on Oxford Road 55 through the hamlet of Muir. The report also seeks some modifications to school zones for Emily Stowe Public School and Rehoboth Christian School in Norwich, Woodstock Trinity School in Innerkip, and Zorra Highland Park in Zorra Township.
Read: PW 2019-51 – Speed Management, Traffic Calming and Road Safety Reviews - Ingersoll, Embro, Muir
Other reports and presentations
- Public meeting – Official Plan Amendment OP 19-07-6 – Ingrox Limited (CP 2019-363)
- Public meeting – Draft Plan of Subdivision SB19-07-3 – Everest Estate Homes Inc. (CP 2019-368)
- Delegation – Woodstock Agricultural Society: 2020 Budget Request – Gord Marshall
- Delegation – 2020 proposed plan of Snow Plow Route Optimization -- Jamie Davis
- CP 2019-363 – Application for Official Plan Amendment OP 19-07-6 – Ingrox Limited
- CP 2019-368 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB19-07-3 – Everest Estate Homes Inc.
- CP 2019-378 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 19-06-7 – Mike Hutchinson Properties Inc.
- WDN 2019-06 – 2018-19 Annual Review of Chief Administrative Officer
- CS 2019-50 – OILC Debenture Issues – Woodstock
- CS 2019-51 – OILC Debenture Issues – Tillsonburg
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com