September 25, 2019
Council this Week: Highlights from the September 25 County Council agenda
Princeton wastewater servicing, SCADA master plan for water and wastewater, and more
Princeton wastewater servicing review
A report on options and considerations for wastewater servicing in Princeton is before Council after being deferred on August 14. The report sets out land use planning matters to be considered by both Township and County councils if the Village of Princeton is to be fully serviced. This includes planning studies (comprehensive review, water/wastewater servicing strategy and secondary planning) to fully understand the potential impacts of growth on the Township, as well as impacts on existing fully-serviced communities (Drumbo and Plattsville) with respect to future development and expansion. The report will be accompanied by a staff presentation to highlight key points from the review.
Read: PW 2019-39 – Princeton Wastewater Servicing Review
SCADA master plan for managing water and wastewater
County Council will receive next council meeting a 10-year master plan for managing the supervisory control and data acquisition (“SCADA”) needs of its water and wastewater systems. The report explains that these systems are commonplace and support regulatory compliance, service levels, and operational efficiency. Right now, the County’s SCADA is nearing the end of its useful life and parts of it require manual interventions by staff that could be carried out more efficiently and effectively through the use of updated technology. The proposed plan recommends 55 project initiatives to be completed over a ten-year period at a total investment of approximately $18.2 million.
Read: PW 2019-43 - Water and Wastewater Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Master Plan
Other reports and presentations
- Public meeting – Application for Official Plan Amendment OP 19-08-6 – The Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Huron (CP 2019-285)
- Public meeting – Application for Official Plan Amendment OP19-11-4 – Monheim Farms Limited (CP 2019-299)
- Delegation – Opposition to Princeton Sewer Proposal – John Jansen
- CP 2019-285 – Application for Official Plan Amendment OP 19-08-6 – The Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Huron
- CP 2019-299 – Application for Official Plan Amendment OP19-11-4 – Monheim Farms Limited
- CP 2019-295 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 19-02-8 – Tiffany Developments Corp.
- PW 2019-42 – Former CASO Railway/Trans Canada Trail Corridor – Access Agreements
- CS 2019-36 – Joint and Several Liability Consultation
- CS 2019-35 – Credit Rating Review - 2019
- CS 2019-37 – Oxford County 11th Line and Oxford Road 17 Watermain Extension Projects – Internal Long-term Debt Issue
- CS 2019-38 – Internal Long-term Debt Issue – Renewable Energy Projects
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org