April 25, 2018
Council This Week: Highlights from the April 25 County Council agenda
Inn Out of the Cold operating agreement, 2018 tax policy by-laws, disposal of surplus land under the Housing First policy and more
Disposal of surplus land under Housing First policy
County Council will be asked on April 25 to declare a parcel of land adjacent to Woodingford Lodge as surplus and therefore eligible for an affordable housing development under the County’s Housing First Policy. The County issued a request for Expressions of Interest in December 2017 to determine developer interest and to gather concepts for a potential multi-residential dwelling at 300 Juliana Drive in Woodstock.
Read Council report HS 2018-04 – Disposal of Surplus Land-300 Juliana Drive, Woodstock
Inn Out of the Cold operating agreement
Operation Sharing is seeking to amend its operating agreement with the County to allow it to operate its homeless shelter, Inn Out of the Cold, on a year-round basis instead of winter months only. Oxford County’s rental vacancy rate of 2.6%, combined with high average market rents, contribute to homelessness in the community. The report to Council on April 25 notes the cost of extending the shelter’s operations will be covered by the 100% provincially funded Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative.
Read Council report HS 2018-02 – Operation Sharing-Inn Out of the Cold Operating Agreement
2018 Tax policy by-laws
The 2018 tax policy by-laws are before Council on April 25 following an initial report on March 14 and further updates and information on March 28 and April 11 to provide further analysis of the farm class ratio, which is now set at 0.235 for 2018. If approved by Council, the average residential property tax bill will decrease by $17 in 2018.
Read Council report CS 2018-10 – 2018 Tax Policy By-laws
Other reports and presentations
- Public meeting – Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 17-07-8 – 2593636 Ontario Inc.
- Public meeting – Disposal of Surplus Land – 300 Juliana Drive, Woodstock
- Delegation – Tim Lobzun, Resident of Ingersoll, re: Official Plan Amendment No. 197
- CP 2018-114 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 17-07-8 – 2593636 Ontario Inc.
- HS 2018-03 – Special Needs Resourcing Service Agreement
- CS 2018-11 – Potters Road Sanitary Sewer and Watermain Project
- CS 2018-12 – Devonshire Ave and County Road 4 Sanitary Sewer and Watermain Project
- CS 2018-13 – OILC Debenture Issues – Zorra
- PW 2018-17 – Woodstock Street South Reconstruction, Tavistock
- PW 2018-18 – Oxford Road 59 Reduced Speed Zone Modifications
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org