Oxford County Public Health has a wide variety of resources if you or your partner are thinking about getting pregnant, are pregnant or just had a baby.
Are you pregnant or just had a baby?
We offer Ask a Nurse clinics in your community, prenatal classes, breastfeeding classes and teenage pregnancy support so that you can give you and your baby the best start.
We also offer home visits for families to provide you with in-home support and advice during your time as a new parent. Call Public Health to book an appointment (519-539-9800 | 1-800-755-0394 ext. 3473).
Pregnancy and nutrition
Preventing injuries (safe sleep, buying second-hand items, choking etc)
Public Health Nurses can help with:
- Booking car seat clinics
- Breastfeeding and lactation consultation (support)
- Health-related information
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children referrals
- Infant and toddler growth and development questions
- Post-partum mood disorder support
- Prenatal and parenting class registration
- Smoking cessation referrals
Other ways Public Health can help you
Breastfeeding support and tips. Public Health offers breastfeeding classes as well as one-on-one support for you and your family.
Car seat clinics
Nutrition information for your baby